QuickBooks is the world’s number one accounting software developed by Intuit, which focuses more towards small and medium-sized businesses. It helps companies to manage their financial and accounting data quite conveniently. But there are times when QuickBooks users encounter errors. One of them is banking error 155, which occurs when your financial institution is not allowing QuickBooks to access your data. If you are facing this error, you can go through this blog where you will get the causes and the steps to fix this error immediately. You can also contact QuickBooks customer care to get help from the techies who provide you with the best possible solution in no time at all.
Causes of Banking Error 155:
You can refer to the following points to know the possible causes of Banking error 155 in QuickBooks:
- An error with the banking server can be one of the most common reasons for this error. The application will encounter the error if the server is down
- If you have the outdated Web Connect, then this error will arise as it is used to draw a connection between QuickBooks and the banking website
- If you get this error in QuickBooks Desktop, it means an error occurred during the installation on your operating system
Solutions to fix Banking error 155:
- Manual updates:
– You have to select banking from the left menu and then select the ‘update’ option
– If you want to update some of the accounts, then select them, and click on ‘update now.’
– You will have to type your multi-Factor-Authentication credentials if asked.
– Now, click on ‘continue the update.’
- Upload or import bank transactions:
– You will have to visit the bank’s website to download transactions in your computer
– Once done, you will have to select the supported file type.
– Note down the file name and location where you download it
– Now, visit the dashboard and select banking
– Now, you will have to tap on File upload
– Select the File to upload it, then click on ‘open,’ and proceed.
– Choose the account you want to upload the bank data to.
– From the drop-down list, click on ‘Add New.’
– Now you will have to select columns from the CSV file which match QuickBooks Online banking fields
– Then, proceed by clicking on ‘Next’ or ‘Finish.’
- See the exact date and time of the updates
– You will have to select ‘banking’ from the left menu
– Now, you will be required to choose the ‘Update’ button
– The data of the last update will appear on the screen.
- You will have to reset the settings of Internet security and Firewall
– You need to click Firewall in the main window of the program
– Go to settings from the Rules section
– Now, you will be required to search the programs whose settings you want to change
– Modify them according to the requirements.
If you carefully follow these steps, you will be able to fix QuickBooks banking error 155 quickly. But if you face any problem while implementing these steps or if the error stays even after following the steps, speak to experts on QuickBooks support number.